Use Case Template
Use case template
A. use case
Stakeholders and Interests:
- Customer: Wants to buy a product ...
- Website owner: Wants to sell stuff and receive the correct payments.
- Payment Authorization service: Wants correct payment information ...
Preconditions: Customer is logged in on website
Success Guarantee (Postconditions): Sale is saved, payment information is registered, ...
Main Success Scenario (or Basic Flow):
- Customer browses through catalog and selects items to buy
- Customer goes to check out
- Customer fills in shipping information (address; next-day or 3-day delivery)
- System presents full pricing information, including shipping
- Customer fills in credit card information
- System authorizes purchase
- System confirms sale immediately
- System sends confirming email to customer
Extensions (or Alternative Flows)
- 3a. System already knows customer (registered customer)
- 1. System displays current shipping information, pricing information, and last four digits of credit card information
- 2. Customer may accept or override these defaults
- 3. Return to primary scenario at step 6
- 6a. System fails to authorize credit purchase
- 1. Allow customer to re-enter credit card information and retry
- 2. Return to primary scenario at step 6